Ingredient Spotlight - Avocado


It's no secret that I LOVE avocados! I eat them everyday and I'm always looking for new recipes, inspiration and ways that I can incorporate them into my day.

5 reasons you should spread the avocado love…
  1. Avocados are a fantastic source of healthy monounsaturated fat known for reducing cholesterol and the risk of developing heart disease
  2. Avocados are nutrient dense, they contain high amounts of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients (naturally occurring compounds found in plants with health-promoting antioxidants and anti-inflammatories)
  3. Eating avocados aids the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) and act as a ‘nutrient booster’ when eaten with other foods
  4. Avocados are full of fibre (around 7g) which is essential for a healthy gut and maintaining blood sugar levels
  5. They’re so versatile! Avocados can be eaten alone as a snack, mashed to make guacamole, blitzed into smoothies, whizzed up to make a healthy, raw chocolate mousse or, my personal favourite, spread on some thick-cut and toasted sourdough with a sprinkling of crunchy sea salt and chilli flakes

Comments

Popular Posts